To enable effective, technology-enabled business models, automotive OEMs and dealers should explore opportunities within the entire customer experience ecosystem and, in doing so, address five key points that can result in exceptional connected customer experiences:
- OEMs must seek internal alignment on the vision of connected technology and how far they want to transform their businesses.
- OEMs and dealers must also see eye-to-eye on the implications of connected technology and align on impact of customer experience.
- Internal OEM governance and organizational structure must be carefully assessed to determine what the impact of a connected services vision has on the business.
- Related to number three, OEMs must align and accept the requirements (e.g., build internally, acquire throug business partners, etc.) needed to enable new connected services capabilities.
- OEMs and dealers must work across the value chain to build a broader, more holistic brand experience enabled through connected technologies.
Download the complete report here